Tuesday 29 July 2008

Med school nightmares

I’m not someone to have nightmares in my sleep… That was true until this past week, when two afflicted me in quick succession – both featuring me getting kicked out of medical school!!!

The most recent was for a rather boring reason, merely failing an exam (although I was particularly angry for not having any resit opportunity). It was the first instance which was slightly more confusing and all the more relieving when I finally woke up to realise how stupid I had been. So what was the cause of me being turfed out? Perhaps getting into a fight or misbehaving in hospital, maybe recreational drug use? Nothing of the sort, in fact I was expelled due to committing a foul in a game of 5-a-side football with my friends… It wasn’t even a slide-tackle!

Dreams are strange – nearly a week on and I can still remember the events and emotions I experienced in my head that night. For that matter I can recall many other dreams from throughout my life, the majority of which were a tad more pleasurable! If only we could record them on DVDs, now that would be something special.

No comments: