Monday 21 July 2008

Sleeping patterns!

Without the structure that my strict school timetable provided for me back in the day, my body clock has well and truly given up the ghost. It can’t be healthy to stay in bed until after midday and still be fully awake (writing blog entries) at 1:45am on a Monday morning, yet here I am… For tonight I have an excuse - I’ve been away for the weekend to stay at a friend’s uni house with some mates. Late nights, copious amounts of alcohol and ill-advised dancing undoubtedly taking their toll, however my poor sleeping habits have been evident over the past 2 years!

University life thus far hasn’t been conducive to early nights and, rarely having more than a couple of 9am starts each week, I’ve been afforded the luxury of regular lie-ins. However all good things must come to an end as the real work begins in a matter of weeks (eek!). This is a frightening prospect to say the least – both being let loose in hospital for the bulk of our time and having to be there for 8/9am most days! In the meantime I think some early rising practice is called for and what better way than offering to drive my mum into work every morning (what a generous son I am :)

Well if I want to be awake in 7 hours I had better be off to my bed, night all!

No comments: